So why drink Turmeric?
This is a treasured spice that has been used for centuries in traditional Indian medicine. It is made from the turmeric root, which is a member of the ginger family and has a bright yellow color and a slightly bitter taste.
Why it’s good is that it’s a source of antioxidants, which can help protect your cells from damage. It also contains curcumin, a compound that has been shown to have a number of important health benefits.
Here are some of the health benefits of turmeric:
- Reduces inflammation: Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent. It can help to reduce inflammation in the body, which can lead to a number of health benefits, including improved joint pain, wound healing, and brain function.
- May help protect against cancer: Turmeric has been shown to have anti-cancer properties. It may help to prevent the growth of cancer cells and even shrink existing tumors.
- Improves heart health: Turmeric can help to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. It may also help to improve blood flow and prevent blood clots.
- May help improve cognitive function: Turmeric has been shown to have neuroprotective effects. It may help to improve cognitive function in people with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- May help relieve pain: Turmeric can help to relieve pain, especially pain caused by arthritis. It is a natural alternative to pain medication.
How to get turmeric in your diet:
There are many ways to get turmeric in your diet. You can add it to your food, take it as a supplement, or even apply it topically to your skin.
- To add turmeric to your food, you can grate it fresh, use ground turmeric powder, or buy turmeric capsules.
- Turmeric is a common ingredient in curry powders, so you can add it to your favorite curry recipes.
- You can also add turmeric to smoothies, yogurt, or oatmeal.
- To take turmeric as a supplement, you can find capsules or liquids at most health food stores.
- To apply turmeric topically, you can mix it with water or coconut oil and apply it to your skin.
How much turmeric should you take?
The amount of turmeric you should take depends on your individual needs. A good starting point is 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric per day. You can increase the amount as needed.
Is turmeric safe?
Turmeric is generally safe for most people. However, some people may experience side effects, such as nausea, diarrhea, and stomach upset. If you experience any side effects, stop taking turmeric and talk to your doctor.
Overall, turmeric is a safe and healthy spice that has a number of potential health benefits. If you are looking for a natural way to improve your health, turmeric is a good option to consider.
Top 5 Best turmeric shots
Here are the 5 best turmeric shots for sale, our favourite is the fresh raw turmeric shot. As we always say ‘fresh is best’:
The Turmeric Co. Raw Turmeric Original Shot
This shot is made with 35g of fresh turmeric root, black pepper, pineapple, lemon, and flax oil. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and non-GMO.
BetterYou Turmeric Daily Oral Spray
This spray is a convenient way to get your daily dose of turmeric. It contains 1,300mg of turmeric extract, which is equivalent to 35g of fresh turmeric root. It’s also vegan and gluten-free.
Thorne Research Meriva SF
This is a highly-absorbable form of turmeric that is backed by clinical research. It is also free of gluten, dairy, soy, and artificial colors.
MOJU Turmeric Shots
These shots are made with turmeric, ginger, lemon, and honey. They’re vegan, gluten-free, and non-GMO. They come in a variety of flavors, including original, ginger, and pineapple.
MOJU Turmeric Shots are generally considered safe for most people. However, they may not be suitable for people who are taking certain medications, such as blood thinners. It is always a good idea to talk to your doctor before taking any new supplement.
B.fresh Turmeric Shots
Award winning & the strongest on the UK market. Packed with 49 grams of potent turmeric root to fight inflammation, aches & pains.
Every bottle is made fresh, so don’t forget to keep them refrigerated. Minimum 21 days shelf-life from delivery.
These shots are made with turmeric, ginger, lemon, and apple. They’re vegan, gluten-free, and non-GMO. They’re also cold-pressed, which means they retain more nutrients than heat-processed shots.
How many turmeric shots should I take a day?
It’s generally recommended to take 1 turmeric shot per day. However, some people may need to take more or less, depending on their individual needs. If you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, it’s best to talk to your doctor before taking turmeric shots.
Things to consider when choosing a turmeric shot
- The ingredients: Make sure the turmeric shot you choose contains turmeric root as the main ingredient. Other ingredients, such as ginger, black pepper, and lemon, can also be beneficial.
- The form: Turmeric shots come in liquid, powder, and capsule form. Liquid shots are the most convenient, but powder and capsules may be more affordable.
- The taste: Turmeric has a bitter taste, so some turmeric shots are sweetened with honey or other ingredients. If you don’t like the taste of turmeric, you may want to choose a sweetened shot.
- The price: Turmeric shots can range in price from $5 to $20 per bottle. Consider your budget when choosing a shot.